The Texas 4-H Conference Center hires both full-time and seasonal help based on vacancies and needs.
Summer Employment Opportunities for Young Adults
Want a summer job where you can play with kids, swim, dance, and just have fun while gaining valuable experience in leadership, team building, communication, and much more? Consider applying for a Texas 4-H Center Summer Staff Position! It is a great learning experience and a good resume’ builder for when you seek that ultimate professional, career position. THis position is a paid position with housing and meals included.
If you are interested in an internship Position- Please contact Tyler Cheely for information.
All applications are reviewed on a rolling basis from October 1- April 30 or until all positions are filled. If you have any questions please contact Tyler Cheely.
Volunteer 4-H Teen Camp Counselor
Want a summer adventure where you can play with kids, swim, dance, and just have fun while gaining valuable experience in leadership, team building, communication, and much more? Consider becoming a Volunteer 4-H Teen Counselor! It is a great learning experience and leadership opportunity.
Part Time Employment Opportunities
The 4-H Center is seeking PART-TIME help in our food service department. Food service experience is helpful, but not required. It’s a great opportunity for homemakers and retirees. We offer meals, flexible scheduling, and training. Wage depends on experience. Apply in person at 5600 FM 3021, Brownwood , call 325-784-5482, or email application. The completion of the following application is required.
Part-time Kitchen employee application — please note this is a fillable form- for best results use Google Chrome and download the file before you fill it out. Please return forms to the 4-H Conference Center, 5600 FM 3021, Brownwood, TX 76801 or email completed PDF Form. Contact Heather Edgar if you have any questions.
Full Time Employment Opportunities – All Full Time positions are Employees of Texas A&M Agrilife Extension with full benefits
- Provide primary management in planning, scheduling, and implementing all summer camping programs at the Texas 4-H Center
- Develop and lead all aspects of camping programs at the 4-H Center
- Staff recruitment, training, scheduling,
- Management of program staff
- Coordinate camp registration with staff
- Contracting nurses for camping programs
- Assist Center Director, Extension agents, specialists, and administrators with specialty programs conducted at the 4-H Center.
- Assist Center Director as a resource and provide guidance to all camping programs in Texas A&M AgriLife Extension.
- Coordinate Texas 4-H Center Road Show with Center Director.
- Travel and lodging plans
- ACA Accreditation
- Assist the Center Director to maintain ACA accreditation for the Texas 4-H Center.
- Work with Center staff to ensure continued compliance throughout camps and on property.
- Assist the Center Director in completing Annual Accreditation Report (AAR).
- Develop year-round educational program at the 4-H Conference Center for schools, youth organizations, teachers, and youth leaders.
- Compile and distribute Texas 4-H Center program information to Extension agents, 4-H specialists, and administrators via electronic and/or printed documents.
- Coordinate with Center staff and contribute to Texas 4-H Conference Center website to provide current and relevant program information.
- Work with Extension Program Specialists to support program delivery.
- Creating social media and marketing materials.
- Work cooperatively with Texas A&M AgriLife Strategic Marketing team, State 4-H Marketing specialist, 4-H Foundation staff and Center staff to create Camp Guide and marketing materials for Center and programs.
TEXAS 4-H CENTER STORE
- Creating designs
- Managing shoppe during camps
- Coordinate inventory with administrative staff
- Coordinate staffing of store
- Maximize profit for Center
- Continue to expand knowledge and skill base through professional improvement.
- Participate as an active member in professional associations and keeps abreast of an interprets research results for practical application of youth programs.
- Serve as Challenge Course Manager by overseeing course operations, documentation, certifications, and related activities.
- Maintain instructor training and certification
- First Aid
- Performs other job related duties as required.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field
- Five years of related experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of word processing, database, presentation and spreadsheet applications.
- Ability to multitask and work cooperatively with others. Excellent written and verbal communication, analytical, interpersonal, and organizational skills.
Preferred Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to communicate and interact successfully with a diverse customer base.
- Ability to develop and maintain positive professional relationships with colleagues.
- Customer service oriented.
- Detail oriented.
- Ability to balance multiple priorities.
- Ability to exercise patience and professionalism during stressful situations.
- Ability to learn and comprehend new technologies
- Knowledge of outdoor camping programs.
Preferred Other Requirements:
- Work Environment:
- On-site office
- Outdoor overnight camping environment
- Physical Requirements:
- Maintaining physical condition to perform outdoor camping programs.
- Challenge Course
- Team Sports
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds
The Custodian, under supervision, provides daily, general cleaning services to residents in a variety of styles of residence halls and campus buildings.
-Perform tasks necessary to meet custodial standards. Sweep, mop, scrub and apply floor finishes. Dust and clean lodging facilities. Clean restrooms and replenish supplies in all facilities. Clean windows in all lodging facilities.
-Launder all linens for lodging facilities. Maintain linens for food service – i.e. table cloths, napkins, etc.
-Repair minor damage on equipment and structures in lodging facilities. Report major damage on equipment and structures to maintenance dept. for repair.
-Operate various mechanical, electrical and battery operated machines to aid in performing the above tasks.
-Perform other duties as required.
There are two Custodian positions open. Please apply to both if interested.